Perfect Pedicure

Toenail TreatmentPicture this – it’s the beginning of summer and you’ve got the dress, the hair, and the shoes... But wait! Have you checked your toes? Nothing ruins the effect of a beautiful pair of sandals like ugly winter feet. I’ve included a step-by-step home pedicure process on how to whip your feet into shape! And there’s nothing like a bit of polishing to keep Toe Nail Fungus at bay.

Tool Kit:

Pumice stone/ foot file * nail file/nail scissors/nail clippers * cuticle remover * orangewood stick * large basin * towels * exfoliating foot scrub * nail buffer * moisturising cream * aromatherapy oil * bath salts. If desired; color nail polish * base and top coat.

So, here goes:

1) Put on some music and get your pedicure tools together.

Fill a large bowl with warm water, add bath salts and aromatherapy oil (tea tree oil is a good option as a preventative toenail fungus treatment). Let your feet soak for 10 minutes, longer if your feet are very cracked, calloused or dry.

3) Whilst soaking, take each foot out in turn and use a pumice stone or foot file to rub away the dead skin on the soles of your feet and heels.

4) Use an exfoliating foot scrub to rub away the dead skin from the soles of your feet and the side of your heels.

5) Rinse off and allow your feet to soak a little more.

6) Remove your feet from the bath and dry thoroughly. Remember Toe Nail Fungus thrives in warm, dark, moist places and for that reason it is important to keep your feet dry.

7) Apply cuticle remover around the edge of your toenails and gently push cuticles back with an orangewood stick. It is important that the cuticles remain intact; cuticles in good condition prevent toenail fungus and bacterial infections from entering the skin.

8) Trim your toenails. Use nail scissors, nail clippers or a nail file. Cut the nail straight across to avoid ingrown nails, do not cut or clip the sides of your nails. You can round the nails slightly at the corners with a nail file. Gently smooth the surface of your nails with a nail buffer.

9) Massage moisturising cream into your feet, ankles and calves.

10) Remove moisturiser from toenails by wiping with cotton wool soaked with nail polish remover. Apply a base coat to your nails, a color polish and top coat if desired. Allow polish to dry in between coats and use a quick dry spray after the top coat. To prevent smudging allow nail polish to dry completely.

11) Clean and dry your tool kit.

Keep your feet happy and healthy by applying a moisturiser daily.

I hope this helps! It makes such a difference to me when my nails look good – I hope this inspires you to give it a go and get pedicuring!

Write a comment

Comments: 26
  • #1

Nike SB Dunks (Wednesday, 03 August 2011 04:35)

Good news! Now, Nike SB Dunks is doing in the history of the lowest discount, so ladies and gentleman, don’t miss this opportunity! Not only Nike SB Dunks, the price of Jordan Shoes 2011 are all very cheap, and the quality of this products are also really good! Fast action, come with us to enjoy sports meeting.

• #2

Cheap Gucci (Wednesday, 17 August 2011 01:35)

Gucci shoes had been readily available for several several years presently and also you are not an consciousness related with vogue comes without a smaller amount than the usual pair. It model household delivers granted the marketplace in variety which has an practical experience in pattern as well as class together with continues to attain this using wonderful invention and also okay art. Someone that want to private particular a set your shoes presently can absolutely as Gucci Baggage minimal charged shoes are out there. Very good excellent is actually serviced potentially intended for this sort of solutions and alternatives which will be readily available for invest in relating to additional cost-effective rates.

• #3

Nicolucci (Sunday, 23 October 2011 08:11)

Hm, I’m just comfortable with this but still not entirely convinced, hence i’m going to research a touch more.

• #4

stepan (Wednesday, 09 November 2011 04:30)

Great one submit. Typical trouble can be G. modify their mind too repeatedly.

• #5

UGG Boots Outlet (Wednesday, 23 November 2011 02:14)

As soon as it becomes famous in the world, people always find the best way to wear the UGG Boots Outlet.

• #6

Milos (Friday, 25 November 2011 11:17)

Auto Tweet plugin for WordPress

• #7

seo webdesign (Tuesday, 24 January 2012 01:20)

Thanks for info

• #8

Bollywood sarees (Monday, 03 September 2012 01:27)

Your blog is worthy of attention , your article is worth browsing , your content is worth learning . Very appreciate your blog post , which gives shared a lot of valuable knowledge to help information and philosophical theories . Very thank you for your wonderful sharing, I very much look forward to your more similar to the update .

• #9

car hire in jodhpur (Monday, 03 September 2012 06:12)

• #10

Samarth (Friday, 28 September 2012 11:33)

good post

• #11

mens indowestern (Friday, 26 October 2012 01:20)

"I am glad to found such useful post. I really increased my knowledge after read your post which will be beneficial for me"

• #12

expert seo (Tuesday, 30 October 2012 21:21)

Au passage, très bien votre blog :) J'attend avec impatience la suite. A bientôt.

référencement payant https://plus.google.com/104014556210047641655/about expert seo services

• #13

chennai silks online (Thursday, 01 November 2012 05:13)

"I'd think it'd be fun to make or have good ideas for apps. And the best part is you get money. Great apps on your "

• #14

webmarketer seo (Saturday, 10 November 2012 14:23)

Je me renseigne sur le référencement. Que pensez vous de ces éléments:. Les conseils webmarketing consistant à l'acquisition de trafic en améliorant le placement de sur les mots clés tapés par les visiteurs est connu en tant que référencement naturel. Ca vous parait bon ?

référenceur seo http://goo.gl/6N1SZ stratégie référencement web

• #15

jewrino (Wednesday, 05 December 2012 14:48)

I wish to show some appreciation to you just for rescuing me from such a incident. Just after exploring through the the web and seeing techniques which are not beneficial, I figured my entire life was done. Living without the presence of strategies to the difficulties you have resolved as a result of your entire article is a critical case, as well as ones which might have negatively affected my entire career if I had not encountered your blog post. That training and kindness in maneuvering all things was precious. I don't know what I would have done if I had not come upon such a step like this. It's possible to now look ahead to my future. Thanks for your time very much for the skilled and result oriented guide. I won't think twice to recommend your web site to any individual who should get assistance on this topic.

• #16

complementaire sante pacifica (Wednesday, 12 December 2012 00:04)

Bonsoir ! Merci de m'avoir informé de cela. Tant sur la forme que sur le fond. Connaissez-vous des forums ou blogs à me faire partager ?

• #17

salwar kameez fashion (Saturday, 29 December 2012 02:04)

i do pretty much the exact same thing, local vhosts and all. taking nightly backups of /home is easy with rsync, so when anything goes awry, i just pull down the folder from my vps. since the cronjob itself is in the folder, even my backup script gets backed up. what ide do you use?

• #18

Sophie Taylor (Tuesday, 15 January 2013 05:50)

Nice tips about pedicure. I never do it alone. By the way I went through your blog and really worthy to follow.

• #19

Furniture Manufacturer in India (Thursday, 14 March 2013 03:41)

You have done an excellent job in passing out the message through this blog, keep up the good work!

• #20

pharmacie sur le web (Tuesday, 09 April 2013 16:21)

Un grand bravo pour la conception de votre blog. En tout cas, je vais revenir vous rendre visite très prochainement. Bonne journée

• #21

comparer les meilleures mutuelles (Wednesday, 10 April 2013 08:03)

Merci pour l'info. Vous avez une très belle plume, bravo ! Bonne journée

• #22

electrical control panel manufacturers (Saturday, 13 April 2013 02:27)

Glad to see that this website is effective in my iPhone , almost everything I want to perform is functional. Thank you for maintaining up currently with all the newest.

• #23

devis mutuelle pro btp (Tuesday, 07 May 2013 16:19)

Bonjour, On en veut davantage traité de cette manière. En tout cas, je vais revenir vous rendre visite très prochainement. A bientôt.

• #24

comparatif mutuelle (Friday, 14 March 2014 09:18)

à partir du moment où devis mutuelle santé groupama la vous choississez comparer mutuelles santé mais aussi <a href='http://etienne-mourrut.fr'>mutuelle santé</a> seulement cetim mutuelle lyon aprilium une ceci est sûr de miel mutuelle mon compte

• #25

Indian sarees (Wednesday, 19 August 2015 04:08)

The Sari, originally intended both for men and women, is probably the longest incessantly worn dress in the history of mankind. Sarees may very well symbolize the ethnicity and the rich culture of India, but alongside, they are even endowed with the responsibility of bringing to the fore the true religion and passion of a woman.

• #26

biotin (Monday, 24 October 2016 01:57)

This short article posted only at the web site is truly good.